I found a bug, how I can report about it?
Greate thanks for you report, we really need you help to make STLport better. We would greatly appritiated if you follow recomendations below, to save our (and sometimes you) time and give better response.
- Ensure that this is a really bug (standard violation, incorrect behaviour with correct usage).
- Ensure that bug is in STLport, not in your code (you can use
_STLP_DEBUGfor that, see
- Ensure that you correctly build STLport---build and run unit tests
build/test/unitcatalog) first with default settings, then with your settings (if you change ones).
- Write short test that demonstrate this bug.
- Make sure that this test case really new, i.e. not covered by unit tests
- Compare your results with reported runs of unit tests (see
DON'T FORGET TO DESCRIBE:
- OPERATIONAL ENVIRONMENT
- COMPILER VERSION
- STLPORT VERSION
- RESULT OF UNIT TESTS
Keep in mind, that bug MUST be reproduced by other people, so give enough information (but compactly, give only essential information), please.
The quality of your bug report can make a big difference in how soon your bug gets fixed (or even whether it will be considered). Following a few simple guidelines helps us to help you. Here are some resources on how to write a good bug report: