STLport is a multiplatform C++ Standard Library implementation. It is a free, open-source product, featuring the following:
- Standard (ISO/IEC 14882) compliance;
- Advanced techniques and optimizations for maximum efficiency;
- Exception safety and thread safety;
- Important extensions---hash tables, singly-linked list, rope;
- Power debug mode---run time check of the correctness of iterators and containers usage.
STLport works on any platform possible and proves itself as a seamless drop-in for modern production environments. Not only that---it also offers important functionality not provided by any other standard library vendor:
- Debug mode: "Safe iterators" and preconditions with rigorous runtime validity checking;
- Immediately reports STL bugs undetectable otherwise;
- Wide range of configuration knobs to fit particular requirements of your project, including use in embedded systems, such as vxWorks or Windows CE.
With STLport, you rely on uniform solid code base for all compilers used in the project. Started as a one-person effort in 1997, it has now become, with the help of numerous contributors, an excellent choice for multiplatform projects.
Free Commercial Use
There are absolutely no restrictions on STLport use in commercial projects, and no royalties are involved. There is no GPL. Please read your free license for details.